Sign in to follow this  
Vic

To Khan Or Not To Khan

According to two people associated with Star Trek 2, Khan will probably not be making an appearance.

Simon Pegg and Bryan Burk recently nixed Star Trek 2 Khan rumors, or did they?

Khan1206111.gifWill he, or won’t he, is the question being asked by Star Trek fans, who are wondering if Star Trek 2 will see the return of Khan Noonien Singh.

Pegg hasn’t seen the script, but neither has he heard anything about Khan either. “I haven’t heard the name Khan come up,” he said. “Not to say it won’t come up, but I have heard no mention of him whatsoever. He is a great villain. I don’t want to say too much and then have to eat my words as I often do, but we’ve seen Khan. To see him again, how much value is there in that? I don’t know.”

Burk, when asked about Khan in Star Trek 2, said “There are amazing villains all throughout the Star Trek universe as well as new villains,” he said. “As we did in the last film, there’s a lot of directions you can go with the film. In this case, we chose to do something we thought would be original and unique and different, and I think on paper, we made the right choice. Now we have to go shoot.”

One thing Star Trek 2 will see is a quick start compared to Star Trek XI, where characters needed to be established first. “Unlike the last film, where we were restarting and setting up the characters … we’re going to jump right back in, and we don’t have to set up everybody and we can go right in it,” said Burk. “We’re kind of in a mad dash at the beginning of the film. In all of our conversation, we reference a lot of our favorite films and how Empire Strikes Back was spectacular and how they were able to pick up and keep going.”

Star Trek 2 releases in 2013.

View the full article