Sign in to follow this  
Vic

Clarke: Landing My Trek Role

ClarkeAndTrek2Cast020612.gif

For Noel Clarke, one of the newcomers signed for Star Trek 2, the audition for the latest Trek movie was just another audition.

“It was just an audition like all the others, really,” he said. “You do your lines and see what happens, and luckily this time I got the job. It was just a standard audition.”

Although happy about being cast, when Clarke received the news, he tried to keep calm about the good news. “I was at home, in my kids’ room, because they were making noise in the living room,” he said. “So I went into their room. And, yeah, I was told I’d got it, and, yeah, I was happy. I was happy. I don’t get over-excited about things because I’m just kind of like that. I was happy, but a job is a job. You get some and some you don’t get. You can’t get over-excited about stuff because that would mean if you got a review that was good you’d have to be really happy and if you got a bad review you would have to be distraught. I can’t switch it off, so I just read ‘em all. So I got the job and was like, ‘Hey, I’m in Star Trek.’”

Being cast in Star Trek 2 might have a positive impact on Clarke’s future career. “I think it’s just one of those things where it’s another level of accomplishment, where you’ve done another job that is bigger than the ones you’ve done before,” he said. “All of that stuff helps in your career, so hopefully it will just help me in mine, but I have no idea. How people look at me is up to them.”

Clarke was signed to play a “family man with a wife and young daughter”  in Star Trek 2.

View the full article