Sign in to follow this  
Vic

Pine Grateful For Cumberbatch

PineEveCumberbatch021012.gif

Star Trek 2‘s Chris Pine is happy to have Benedict Cumberbatch aboard for the J.J. Abrams sequel.

Pine was filled with praise for Cumberbatch. “Benedict is fantastic,” he said. “He’s just so good, He’s super talented, and we are more than grateful to have him onboard.”

“Benedict has got this intensity about him, and he’s obviously extremely intelligent and articulate,” said Pine. “His vocal quality is something else. He obviously is, unlike many of us, like, an actually trained actor. He actually studied for it.

“[You'll love] everything. He’s really talented. I think it’s all going to be love, a mad amount of love.”

Another Star Trek 2 newcomer, Alice Eve, is also thrilled to be working with Cumberbatch. “I’m very excited to work with him again,” she said. “He’s so very funny, Ben. I don’t know if you remember his character in Starter for 10, but he was so funny. Like King of the Geeks, but he did it so well, and I found a lot of that hard to get through because he was so funny. I like him very much.”

View the full article