Sign in to follow this  
Vic

Trek 2 Actors Update Movie Progress

PineBatchHat042512.gif

Chris Pine and Benedict Cumberbatch spoke about their recent work on Star Trek 2, including progress on the film and preparations for playing one of the characters.

When it comes to Star Trek 2, fans can expect plenty of action and an exciting film according to the actor playing Captain Kirk. “It’s just as action-packed at the first one,” Pine said.

“Of course I’m gonna tell you I think it’s gonna be better,” Pine said. “You pick up the characters from where they left off, and the development of the characters — I think — is just as exciting as the first one.

“And it’s relentless. I think that’s the best adjective I can use.”

Shooting on Star Trek 2 is coming to an end. “We’re almost done,” said Pine, echoing what an unnamed crewmember said recently. “It’s wrapping up very soon.”

Newcomer Cumberbatch spoke about preparing for his work on Star Trek 2, which included a hair color change. “I’m getting my hair dyed at the moment, at work,” he revealed in a phone interview with Zap2it.

“The movie goes very well,” said Cumberbatch. “It’s very, very long hours, but it’s an incredible job. It’s phenomenal. J.J. brings it. It’s a very exciting set to be on. He’s very imaginative. He’s involved in the details, the acting and all the wonderful ideas he has for capturing stories in a fresh and imaginative way.

“Just the range of stuff I get to do in one day, it’s great. Also, what he’s asking me, it’s just wonderful. I can’t say much nicer than that. I’m basically raving about it, and I don’t have a gun pointed to my head.”

Cumberbatch also spoke briefly about his character, saying that “he’s strong; I can say that much.”

In other Star Trek 2 news, the name of the movie may change in the months to come, but for now, it’s still Star Trek 2. A production hat, which can be seen at Collider, shows a number two and an Enterprise on it.

View the full article