Sign in to follow this  
Vic

Saldana: Loving Her Thirties

Saldana051012.gif

Zoë Saldana recently attended the Cosmopolitan for Latinas party in New York City, in honor of the

launch of the new magazine, which arrived on newsstands earlier this month.

Saldana spoke about her life since her split with former fiancé Keith Britton last year. “The reality is, I have gotten this far because I don’t pay attention to anything but my heart and what I want to do,” she said. “And if it’s a hit today, or if it’s a miss tomorrow, seriously — no regrets because if I follow my heart I can never be wrong.”

Now in her thirties, the actress is more relaxed about life in general. “I am very happy now that in my early thirties, the pressure of wanting to please others dissipates more and more,” she said. “And now, it’s about being me. There have been a lot of changes in my life over the past year. But I am happy that through all that, the biggest gift I have been receiving every day is getting to know myself not through anybody else and not through another entity or another organization that tells me who I am but me. And it feels kind of f**king cool being in your thirties, I have to say.”

Having just completed her work on Star Trek 2, Saldana is currently working on Blood Ties and Out of the Furnace.

View the full article