Sign in to follow this  
Vic

Star Trek 2 Villain Revealed?

BenedictWNMHGB070912.jpg

An inadvertent slip by Karl Urban may have let slip the name of the villain for Star Trek 2.

While doing promotion for Dredd for SFX, Urban’s comment on Benedict Cumberbatch may have revealed the character being played by Cumberbatch in Star Trek 2.

Urban had been asked what it was like having Cumberbatch on set, Urban replied, “He’s awesome, he’s a great addition, and I think his Gary Mitchell is going to be exemplary.”

For those unfamiliar with the original series, Gary Mitchell was seen in Where No Man Has Gone Before, where he ends up with God-like power after a trip across the galactic barrier.

Readers may remember that Roberto Orci recently denied that Mitchell was to be in Star Trek 2. Of course, denials and trickery are all part of the game when it comes to keeping movie details secret, so take this information with a grain of salt.

Speaking of Cumberbatch, the actor spoke a bit about his personal life, revealing the importance of family to him. “My parents are over the moon [about his success]. I flew them out here recently and they came to see me on the Star Trek 2 set.

“All the stuff that’s happening to me is useless unless you can share it with someone you know. And who better to have by your side than family?”

But Cumberbatch would like a family of his own soon. “I have a sort of clock ticking,” said the thirty-six-year-old actor. “I’d really like to be a dad before I’m forty, but at the same time, I’m in this weird territory where people know me before I know them.”

View the full article