Sign in to follow this  
Vic

Urban: Excuses And Teases

Urban071312.jpg

After last week’s revelation from Karl Urban regarding the role that Benedict Cumberbatch would be playing in Star Trek 2, the actor had an excuse for his loose lips.

Fans were not sure if Urban’s comments were true and a slip-up on the part of the actor, or just a bit of trickery and misdirection. But in a recent interview, Urban explained why he seemingly misspoke.

Urban blamed jet-lag for his slip of the tongue. “I’m really not at liberty to discuss anything about Star Trek,” he said. “All I can say is that I did that interview after a twenty-two-hour flight from New Zealand. I literally hopped off the plane into the interview.”

Then Urban said something that again caught the full attention of the Star Trek fanbase. “I can promise you that before the end of Comic-Con, some exclusive Star Trek footage, it’s going to come out,” he said. “You’re going to find it. It’s going to come out.”

Is this true, or is it merely an attempt to divert attention from the Cumberbatch character revelation? With Comic-Con ending shortly, fans will soon have their answer.

View the full article